Sunday, July 8, 2007

8 Random Things About MeMeMeMeMe



Okay kids. I've been tagged by Flumadiddle AND Jesska for the "8 Random Things About MeMeMe" meme.
First things first, we have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don't forget to leave them each a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

1. My first paying job outside of babysitting was as a waitress at a truck stop, just out of my freshman year of high school, when I was 15. I later parlayed that skillset into a job as a soda jerk at the local drug store, then later as a bartender at the local VFW hall. I lost that job when the drinking age in Texas was raised from 19 to 21.

2. Even though I was raised with a computer in the home because my dad's an engineer, I never thought I'd need one so didn't bother learning to use it. I didn't even know how to turn one on until I went back to school 10 years ago. Part of the reason I went back to school was to take some computer courses because with no computer skills I couldn't find a job. Now I can rebuild them, toss in new components, set up networking & the whole thing.

3. I can teach you how to use PowerPoint in 20 minutes. (--But KeyNote is waythehell better.) Better yet, I can teach you how to run a backhoe in 10 minutes.

4. People often ask me where I went to culinary school. I tell them that I was home-schooled. I started cooking when I was 8 years old and by the time I was 12 was doing all the cooking for my family. I can cook anything and rarely use recipies. When I do, they're just for general reference or to get new ideas. I don't actually follow them. I can also re-create any dish I eat at a restaurant, and can usually make it better.

5. People either love me or hate me. There's no middle ground, but most people adore me and all my fabulousness. Just ask my neuronerd fan club. I think The Man is in for a huge surprise next week when we're in KC for my graduation because he's never met all my friends.

6. When I sold cars all we had to do while we waited around for people to come around to sell them to was smoke cigarettes and tell jokes. I know a million of 'em, but I'll let you tell it and won't spoil the punchline if we're in a crowd.

7. I used to be a neat freak but the constant time pressure of gradual school has gradually beaten that out of me. Now, as long as everything is "relatively" clean and the big chunks are picked up I'm okay.

8. When I meet someone I don't tell them what I do until they get to know me a little. For some reason people feel uncomfortable around psychologists and are constantly in fear of "being analyzed." I don't do that shit, but I don't want them to feel uncomfortable around me because I'm some kind of (theoretically) really fucking smart person. I'm just "The Man's Wife" or "The Girl's Mom," or "That Chick Over There Passing Out Jell-O Shots," or whatever. I usually ask all the questions but if they get around to asking questions about me, it's fun to watch their reactions.

I'm now supposed to tag 8 people to continue this meme and leave comments on their blogs that they've been tagged butchaknowhat? All 3 people who read my blog have already done it and I don't want to be a pest. So here's the deal: If you haven't done it, and you want to, consider yourself tagged.

No comments: