Sunday, November 11, 2007

Overall, It's All Guuuud



Friday, my dissertation arrived from the Proofreader - only about 2 weeks late but whatever. You know, you'd think that as strong as my writing skills are and with as many eyeballs as have viewed that document as it has developed over the last couple of years, that there wouldn't have been THAT FUCKING MUCH RED INK all over the goddamn thing. Honestly, I had a little bit of a come-apart over it Friday afternoon, but finished everything by noon today. I'm still waiting on official permissions from original copyright holders to use a couple of graphics but it should be on its way to the printer in a couple of days. None too soon, either. I'm so way past sick of looking at it...gaaaah.

In other news, The Girl's football team won their game Friday night, thus winning the district championship for the umpteenth year in a row. The good news is that the upcoming playoff game will only about 45 minutes away and will be played on Friday night. This, of course, is good news for the football team because it means that their game won't have to be canceled ;o) and The Girl's party will be celebrated on schedule. Aside from food, all we really have left to pick up are the HotWheels plates, plastic forks & spoons and helium for those badass balloons. The Man even hooked up the trailer for the hayride this afternoon when he came home from hunting.

Speaking of food, any suggestions for good (preferably blacklight-reactive) snack foods that are teen-friendly?

Last night, The Girl had her All-District concert. I had to have her happy ass at school at 6:30 am. Of course I came home and went back to bed instead of working on the proofreader's corrections but I'd been in the concession stand slinging popcorn all by myself from 3:30 until nearly 11:30 Friday night. I did get to work on the corrections for about an hour & 1/2 before it was time to go to the concert 90 miles away. That was enough time to wade through the first chapter. The concert was really nice, as always. The kids that make the bands are the cream of the crop so of course the music is good. The drive back in the new car was awesome, too - even in the dark and I hate driving in the dark. I had another band mom along and we could talk without shouting - even with that huge ass sunroof all the way open. I really dig that car...I might have to keep it.

The coming week will be busy. Monday & Tuesday we're having a new air conditioning/heating system installed. The old one is pushing 30 years old and the AC side of it went tits-up last week. We had the option of just replacing the AC at around 2500 with only the AC guaranteed for the next 5 years or replacing the whole thing for 6K including a 10 year warranty, a $500 rebate from the power company and a tax break, plus about a 35-40% reduction in our power bills year 'round. Needless to say, we don't have to be hit over the head to understand that sometimes you have to spend a dime to make a dollar. While all that's going on, I'll be painting this week - the master bedroom Monday, the living room Tuesday and The Girl's bathroom Wednesday. I'll try to post before & after pictures, but they may not be up until next week due to party-readiness. I knew you'd understand.

That's all I know right now. Y'all have a great week.

No comments: