Saturday, January 13, 2007

Am I Being Too Harsh?



A local community college called Thursday to request my services in teaching a Psych 101 course, beginning Tuesday. I accepted because, aside from clearly having nothing else to do, the one typical graduate school experience not incorporated into my doctoral program is teaching undergraduate coursework. The pay is negligible compared to the amount of work involved but some things aren't about money. Realistically, it's rather like shacking up, because it incorporates all of the work but none of the commitment or financial gain of marriage (or tenure-track).

Since it's just one section and I'll only be on campus about an hour and a half, two days a week, I've set up another blog, here for class communication. Take a look and tell me what you think. In particular, I'd like feedback about my class rules . These things were important to me as resident nerd during my undergrad work, and back in the day, if the prof wasn't willing to say something to offenders, I wasn't shy about voicing my disapproval. Am I being too harsh? I don't think so, but then again these continue to be my pet peeves.

No comments: