Friday, December 21, 2007

Why I Don't Mind Sitting in the Corner...

A few weeks ago I redecorated my bedroom and posted before & after pictures. There was a little fan back chair that was given to me 20 years ago by a much beloved great aunt in the room that suddenly didn't "go" anymore. So on the day before Thanksgiving, The Girl & I loaded it up into the back of one of The Man's pickup trucks and hauled it to the same upholsterer who re-covered it ten years ago. Interestingly, the guy remembered the chair and was happy to give it yet another new skin. He also told me that I won't find a chair of that quality today, which made me happy because I've always liked that chair, even when I was a little girl. The Girl & I pored over many fabric books and she found this beautiful fabric in ivory with gold scrollies all over it. The upholsterer's assistant delivered the chair Saturday, just in time for the party. We tossed in a little wooden book case from my childhood and the green cashmere throw came from Overstock.com and I got it for a song. If you didn't know better, you wouldn't know that little corner of my world didn't look like that all along.

1 comment:

Brunhilda said...

Looks very nice. I love a good comfy chair for reading. I need a new one. Mine has been destroyed by the kittehs.