Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So Long Suck Ass Year


2008 Sucked great big fat green donkey dicks. So much went wrong (hence the lack of blogging - I didn't want to bore you with the whining), yet somehow we managed to keep our home and family together. I'm so happy it's over and am looking forward to a brighter 2009. I'll re-take the oral licensing exam Saturday in Austin. Hopefully by Valentine's Day I'll be able to remove my training wheels, fly solo, and not worry about having to work under someone else's license - particularly those someones who forget to pay me for months on end.

Don't get me wrong. 2008 wasn't all bad. There are a number of things for which I am grateful. We have been blessed with good health and it's pretty clear by looking at us that we aren't missing any meals. I can finally tell the Grandtwins apart by looking at them. The Girl kicked ass as drum major, made All-Area band again and will try out Saturday to get into the All-State gig (yes the same day I do my orals - just 1 hour south of home instead of 3). The Man has decided that since he can't get a job anywhere he and our son in law (super-awesome guy, BTW) are going to start their own business repairing Ford vehicles in our barn. I have my own office in the next town over and have already seen 2 patients there in the 2 months since we took possession. My business partner is about to finish her PhD but already has her LSSP so we'll be able to do whatever we want pretty soon.

Things are happening and I can see wonderful opportunities on the horizon. This time next year I'll be in a whole different place financially and emotionally and maybe by then our business will be doing so well that we can afford at least a part-time clerical person.

Remind me to post pictures of the new place...

4 comments:

Frequent Traveler said...

Good Thursday morning to you Doc.

That was quite a visual for me - I don't think I've ever be able to look at donkeys the same way again on The Nature Channel (lol)

Hope that you pass the exam this Saturday when you re-take it. It will be nice to work solo.

Hope 2009 will be a strong and good year for you and hubs financially. The rest is already all in place :)

Did you see the free chocolate offer on my blog today ? A sugar fix of those delicous things might just be the thing...

Hugs and smiles,
Loving Annie

(new address !)
http://www.truetraveltreasures.blogspot.com

Brunhilda said...

I had wondered about the lack of posting, but figured you were just busy. I'm glad to see you're looking at things with such a positive attitude. I have every confidence you'll pass your exam with flying colors. The girl will rock out, as always. Here' hoping 2009 rocks!

Frequent Traveler said...

Just came by to say hello again, Doc :)

Dr. Brainiac said...

Thanks for stopping by, Annie.