Saturday, April 14, 2007

Celebrating Curves

In my internet travels today I fell absolutely head over heels in love with Corinna Makris, blog goddess of
A Celebration of Curves, and proprietess of
This Lush Life. Do go by and visit her. You'll be glad you did.

My visits to her sites this morning started me thinking (ohh no! anything but that!). You see, the last couple of years have brought about a lot of changes in the way that I think about a lot of things, particularly how I view myself and my place in the world. I've realized that there's a pretty good chance I'm never going to be a size 6 again but you know what? It doesn't matter. I am perfectly happy with me just as I am - a little rounder but gorgeous...dead-sexy...and have I mentioned that my tits are fabulous? We're talking about the stuff of legends, here. But it's not the size of my brassiere or my voluptuous round ass that make me sexy. It's not what I choose to wear (or not) or who's coming on to me - and believe it or not they still come on to me - men and women. It's what's between my ears that makes it all happen. It's those neurons pumping 24/7. I'm smart, funny, engaging, a good listener and can hold a conversation about almost anything. Then there's the sexual self-confidence I carry from the breadth of my experiences. It's knowing that I possess the sexual knowledge and power to leave anyone weak and breathless, in a pool of their desire for nothing more than more of me because they can never get enough, even though there's a little more to go around than there used to be. Yeah baby, it've got it like that.

I'm not the only one not waiting around until I'm skinny again before I live my life to its fullest. Check out the confident, beautiful, smart and sexy Joy Nash (yeah, I would soo do her):



2 comments:

Natalia said...

The brain is the most important sex organ, innit? I think so. That's what does it for me. And I am a big girl. I've never not had a date if I wanted one. I say...life is short. Enjoy your body and the wonders it can accomplish.

-N

Dr. Brainiac said...

Yes ma'am it is! People always look at me funny when I tell them what's between the ears is more important to me than what's between the legs. Of course, I could still get dates now if I wanted to - married or not.