My cyber-buddy Steli, over at Super Cool School tagged me for a meme about goal setting from Alex Shalman's Practical Personal Development blog, "Gotta Get Goals." As the title implies this is about giving voice to your goals. After all, you wouldn't get on a bus if you didn't know where it was going. Having goals is kind of like a roadmap for the direction you want your life to go. That said, here are some of mine:
Immediate goals (ASAP):
1. Complete the latest (and hopefully last) round of fucking nitpicky dissertation proposal revisions.
2. Complete my last neuropsychology paper so that I can finish the neuropsychology certificate.
3. Figure out what the fuck is wrong with my well-loved 5-year-old iPod. (DONE!)
Short-term goals (By the end of summer):
1. Finish my dissertation.
3. Secure a neuropsychology postdoctoral position.
Long-term goals (Timeframe indefinite):
1. Pay off student loans.
2. Set up private neuropsychology practice.
3. Begin gardening in earnest again.
4. Enjoy more of my life.
5. Rule the world.
6. Write a best-selling self-help book and make a fortune.
So who am I tagging? YOU! Regulars and newbies - lurkers and non-lurkers alike. The original guy wants trackbacks but I don't know how to do it so I'm just going to email mine to him. Maybe one of you can tell me how it's done.